Blogs > Sun Insider

News and quick-hit commentary from around mid-Michigan ... from the Morning Sun.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

How 'Bout Those Tigers?!

While I'll admit that I'm sort of a fair-weather friend when it comes to baseball, I have completely gotten caught up in Tiger Fever. The last time the Tigers were in the World Series I was 7, and I remember my dad laughing and crying while banging pots and pans on the front lawn with our neighbors.

EVERYONE is talking about the Tigers, and where they were the last time the team went this far. Anyone out there have some great '84 memories? Is there anyone in the Central Michigan area who scored some of those hot tickets to the series?

Leave a comment and share your thoughts!

Go Tigers!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that someone stole a headline from someone else!!

3:36 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think someone stole a headline!

3:37 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People forget that it took Mike Ilich at least ten years to make the Red Wings into champions. He has owned the Tigers at least 15 years. Slow and steady wins the race. Since major league baseball began in 1900, the Tigers have been to the World Series only four or five times. It may be a long time before the Tigers are back, so let's savor it now.

7:50 PM 
Blogger Lisa Yanick-Jonaitis said...

It's true, I didn't come up with "How "Bout Those Tigers," but it is what everyone is saying.

2:25 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home