Blogs > Sun Insider

News and quick-hit commentary from around mid-Michigan ... from the Morning Sun.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A tiny slice of nature

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A bee checking out some flowers at Buck's Run today.

(More specifically, according to my Audubon's, the above insect is a wasp, possibly a Sandhills Hornet, which can "sting viciously" if disturbed, according to my Audubon's guide. Not to get picky, of course, since I don't know the difference a cow and a steer, or straw and hay -- E.B.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo! (and great title... thanks, Eric).

7:11 PM 
Blogger Victor Fitzsimons said...

ah yes, bees, wasps... one of these days I need to do a project with a real entomologist. He/she'd learn me good.

11:38 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home